Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life changes like the seasons,although lately the weather , like people make you wonder what season it is.Today we woke up to sleet, and area north of us are facing 6 to 8 inches of snow. People and weather are unpredictable. Many years ago as a child I new things were changing. There would be quiet meetings in the barns. I remember a warm spring evening and my Mam making tea and cakes for the men in the barn. I was sent to serve them,I never knew the men I met there that evening would shape the history of Ireland. I saw for the first time that evening gentleman by the name of Michael Collins. I remember thinking he was handsome and he made me laugh when he twirled me around. I did not know the man and legend he would become.Ireland was to become more violent than I would have seen in my young life............................

No comments:

Post a Comment